Thinking about going to university? Need a certificate of English for work? Then the Cambridge First or Advanced is what you need.
Cambridge First (FCE)
A B2 First qualification proves you have the language skills to live and work independently in an English-speaking country or study on courses taught in English.
A B2 First qualification shows that you can:
- Communicate effectively face-to-face
- Follow the news
- Write clear, detailed English, expressing opinions and explaining the advantages and disadvantages of different viewpoints
- Write letters, emails, reports, stories and lots of other types of text
Reasons to choose B2 First:
- Accepted for entry to foundation/pathway/pre-sessional courses in English-speaking countries.
- Accepted for entry to undergraduate programmes taught in the medium of English in non-English-speaking countries.
The First Certificate in English (FCE) is devised for learners whose English level is sufficient for practical communication in a variety of both business and everyday situations. This qualification is invaluable for people who are looking to work or study abroad and in international business.
Our FCE Course
All of the 5 key areas of English that students are tested on are covered – reading, writing, use of English, listening and speaking. Up-to-date course books are used to structure the classes and are supplemented with a lot of extra handpicked materials.
Teachers look for improvement from the students and set demanding tasks which push the students to progress. Different parts of the FCE exam are tested every Friday so that students become accustomed to the exam. Teachers monitor students’ continual development which allows students to make an informed about when to take the exam. The cost of the exam depends on the exam centre but the approximate cost is £135.
Speak Up London is a Cambridge Exam Preparation Centre and our FCE lessons offer students the opportunity to study in a fun, challenging and engaging environment.