Hello, Speak Up London friends. It is pretty clear that one of our priorities is to help you maintain (or achieve) your physical and mental wellbeing. On this note, we are glad to inform you that today’s blog article stands between wellbeing and happiness. Today will be speaking about one of the most natural ways to achieve this sweet spot: Laughing.
Yeah, we know, that’s not a completely new statement. Of course, you already know that laughing is good, even if it just about the positive feeling it spreads in our bodies, but do you actually know how good it is? As always, we are happy to chip in!
Laughing is good for your health. Indeed, the effects of laughing on health are numerous:
- It improves your health because it boosts your immune system.
- It releases endorphins, therefore it works like a natural painkiller.
- It helps decrease stress hormones.
- It helps protect the heart by increasing the blood flow and improving the function of blood vessels.
Moreover, the good influence of laughing is visible also on other aspects of your life. In fact, a good laugh can improve your social life. Are you curious to know how?
- Laughing with someone – notice the preposition: with someone, not at someone – improves your relationship with that person.
- It can help solve conflicts among people.
- Laughter is contagious, which is one of the reasons why it can easily enhance group work or group bonding.
Having displayed some of the most common benefits of laughter, we believe it’s time to remind you to do it, as often as possible. There are countless ways to laugh, you can hang out with fun people (our favourite), look for jokes on the Internet, or even simply remember funny experiences. Therefore, remember the importance that laughter has in your life and don’t miss a chance to have a laugh. It is good for your health, it is good for your social life, and it is definitely good for your spirit!